What is APEC AGILE?
APEC Agile is an enhanced version of our high school program that enables your child to be ready for higher education and successful careers. We designed it to have the ability to switch to different learning modes – online, blended, and face-to-face. Since it is critical to ensure the continuous development of your child, APEC Agile adapts to the changing circumstances in the time of COVID-19. This program is available for students from grades 7 to 12.
Once it is safe to go back to school, we will ease into face-to-face learning through a phased approach, beginning with a blended mode of delivery.
What does this mean for my child?
This means that we will be applying two modes of learning – synchronous and asynchronous – in our instruction.
Synchronous learning is when teachers facilitate learning sessions with our students at the same time. This allows for real-time interaction and feedback among students in that learning event.
Asynchronous learning is when subjects or courses are delivered through web, forums, email, and other forms. Teachers and students in this type of mode do not have to be present at the same time.
Applying these two modes of instruction will encourage independent learning from your child, while at the same time, giving the teachers the room to monitor your child’s progress and check-in with them periodically.
What materials do I need to provide for my child?
For optimal results and to reduce disruption in learning, it is recommended that the student have a laptop, desktop, or Chromebook that they can use, which is connected to the internet and has at least 1MBps of speed, as well as 2GB of data allowance per day. In case your child doesn’t have any of these devices, we will have a limited number of tablets and Chromebooks available for a minimal rental fee, as stated above. Rental will be on a first-come-first-served basis, after the student’s enrollment process is completed.
Our team will provide all the students and parents with the necessary orientation on the technology platforms that we will be using in order to deliver lessons – such as Google Classroom, G Suite, and Zoom. In both of the programs that we are launching this year, communication is key and we will ensure that all parents are updated frequently.
What is APEC Flex?
APEC Flex is a homeschool version of our high school program which enables your child to be ready for higher education and successful careers. APEC Flex is designed to give you and your child the flexibility around scheduling, learning pace, modes, and more. We recognize that parents and guardians have busy schedules, so we established processes, tools, and methods that are built around student support. Think of it as homeschooling taken to the next level! APEC Schools has made this available for grades 7 and 8 for the school year 2020-2021. Other grade levels will be added in succeeding school years.
If APEC Agile is a mix of synchronous and asynchronous learning, APEC Flex will be mostly asynchronous. The benefit of asynchronous learning is its flexibility and convenience.
A FLEX class is held from home with the guidance and supervision of a parent/guardian, with the support of Subject Matter Experts and Course Coordinators. It is different from conventional classes in that there is more flexibility around scheduling. Although there will be times when a student needs to be online to work on tasks and communicate with others, the sessions will not always be synchronous.
Similar to APEC Agile, you will need to provide a device for your child to use, in order to ensure that they are able to speak to the Learning Facilitator as needed. You will also need to provide at least 2 hours of internet use per day.
Because APEC Flex is a homeschooling option, this means that you will need to have a more active role in the child’s learning. As a parent, you will be the Primary Learning Advisor and you’ll be given training and additional materials to help your children learn in this environment. Also, because you will be the primary advisor, you’ll need to ensure your child’s attendance and adherence to their lessons.
What are the features of APEC Flex?
- Tech-enabled – APEC Flex is 100% online-based learning. This ensures a rich and comprehensive resource bank that can be accessed while learning remotely.
- Problem-based learning – We use engaging and relevant problems as a primary driver of learning. The discovery of the world continues from the safety of your own home.
- Real-world learning methods – Experience an authentic learning journey through virtual classes. Learn by seeking out different sources of information, forming connections between these sources, and making repeated attempts to solve a problem.
- Flexibility – More student control over time, place, path, and pace. Our education is now more accessible. With the asynchronous elements of this learning program, you have more control over your schedule and do not have to go through a fixed learning path.
- Student Support structure – The students will have a triangle of support through Primary Learning Advisors (parents), Subject Matter Experts (APEC Schools SMEs), and Course Coordinators. SMEs serve as resource people that both support and challenge learners to solve the problems with which they are presented. Parents, guardians, or private tutors act as Primary Learning Advisors who ensure that students are spending time on their school work. Finally, Course Coordinators assist the SME and parents by communicating with both parties to talk about student concerns.
Here at APEC Schools, we can all ease into the new normal together. This pandemic has challenged us but we are rising above those difficulties and are staying on-track with our commitment to continuous innovation of our practices and creating a future for our students that gets #BetterEachDay.
Become one of our students today. Visit https://register.apecschools.edu.ph/agile-flex/ to start the enrollment process by getting your student number for free!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for more information.
You can also reach us on our mobile number. Call or text 0917-258 7621 or 0998-846 2120.
With APEC Agile and APEC Flex, education can surely continue via a program that fits you. Enroll with us now!